Monday, April 12, 2010

Slow but Steady


You wouldn't know it to look at me, my website, or my house, but things are finally starting to get done.

I've finally managed to put up the contest to WIN A FREE PAINTED PORTRAIT on my website! You can find it by typing in my brand-new url, www.RealPaintedPortraits.com and checking out the easy rules. (Just sign into my guestbook.)

Sure, the rest of the art website isn't up but it will be by the end of the week. It finally occurred to me that I didn't have to do the entire thing at one swoop, but could do it one page at a time. Lightbulb moment!

My wip is coming along. As soon as I get the art site done I can switch priorities back to it. Still hoping to have the first draft done by the end of the month.

Got the next installment of "Star-Spangled Panties" out the door.

Clearing out the house is proceeding at a slow but steady pace. Thanks, eBay! And Craigslist, too. (But I'm still waiting for someone to come get that 20x10' freestanding mural from my backyard.)

Taxes (gulp) took an unexpected chunk o' money from my New Patio Fund, but I'll get the final $$ somehow, and am determined not to dip into ye Emergency Savings... much.

Every now and then I have time to pet the kitties. It's been helpful that I've been able to give Obi his sub-cutaneous fluids myself. Well, pretty much of 'em. This means we don't have to spend 1+ hours ferrying him back and forth to the vets twice a week. Since he has a conniption every time he gets into his travel box, plus every time he has to face the vet, that saves wear and tear on his nervous/heart system as well.

Why, I might even begin to have a little time to devote to ME! Won't that be a hoot?

Anyway, I hope you'll come by and sign my guestbook to get on my mailing list, I mean, to enter the free portrait contest. No purchase necessary and all that!

No comments: