Thursday, June 1, 2017

Brushing up the blog a bit


Used to be, if I finished one painting a year I considered myself quite accomplished indeed. Well, sort of. After a while I tried and tried to do more painting, but it wasn't until I found that I had acquired a corner wall in a local restaurant all to myself -- a place to hang two paintings, no more, no less -- that I got on the ball. Those paintings had to be changed out every two months--at least.

Only a few times have I had to use old paintings to fill my slot. Restaurant walls are difficult to come by; I didn't want to lose mine. The market for such is sharp. I was lucky to find my two nails at the Saratoga Grill. I love them, even though they usually fall out a few times as I'm hanging the new work.

Here's what I just took down today:


"Castle of the Highlands"
36x24" oil over acrylic
stretched canvas, $850
Ardverikie Castle, Scotland
"Red Roof in the Stow"
18x24" oil over acrylic
stretched canvas, $450
Stow-on-the-Wold, England
And here's what I put up in their place:
"Sheep May Safely Graze"
18x24" oil over acrylic
stretched canvas  NFS
about an hour below Edinburgh, Scotland
"Heavenly Fire"
18x24" oil over acrylic
stretched canvas $450
Atlantic Beach, NC


So I've been a bit busy, as these take a full two months of work to produce! But just to make things more difficult on myself (why do I do these things? My guides insist I need to learn to FOCUS), I took a 5-day quick-painting challenge. The goal was to do a 20-minute painting every day for 5 days and make a series. What did I have around the house that a series could be made of? Hmm… And then I took about two hours + working on each painting. I got these done in about two weeksf.
"Wondie's Watching"
10x8" acrylic on Gessobord
$100

"Wise as Athena"
10x8" acrylic on Gessobord
$100

"Three Times the Wonder"
8x10 acrylic on Gessobord
$100

"Sisters"
8x10 acrylic on Gessobord
$100

"The Invisible Visible"
8x10 acrylic on Gessobord
$100

I hope you like them! I hope you want to BUY them! If you do, contact me. If you like them but want something a little more inexpensive, try a print instead. Or a mug. Or even a shower curtain. Fine Art America offers all these. You can find them here.

So now you think I'll run from the computer to paint since I've created such a good habit? Heck, no! I have a book to finish! I'll do a little writing, a little painting… And since it's spring, a little yard work as well. And oh yeah, there's a new Wondie movie out today...


No comments: